We've come to the end of the this fantasy journey there's only one week left and for us its bragging right and sticking it to friends, for the top five in the FedEx Cup standings it's a winner take all race for 11.4 million. So as you can believe Tiger, Stenson, Scott, Zach and Kuch all want too win, so all five if not most should be on your team come Thursday. Though it should be mentioned tiger was the last one seed to win the Cup and that was pre-scandal Tiger, maybe if he wins this weekend he'll finally be back and we can start to talk about something else, probably not though..
Last week was won but Zach Johnson and unless you live under a rock you there's a new Mr.59 on the PGA Tour. Jim Furyk, on a day when the scoring average was at par and the next best score was 6 under by Jordan Speith. Furyk not only lapped the field he made it seem like he was playing a different course. He carded 13 birdies and even bounced back from a late bogey. Standing in the middle of the fair on the 9th hole his final hole of the day, stuffed his approached to 4 feet to take all the questions off the table if he can handle the pressure and calmly knocked in the putt. Making himself only the 6th player in PGA history to shoot a 59 a number the rest of us normal people can only imagine shooting playing Tiger Woods by EA sports (that’s a video game score in real life) and to do it in the playoffs has started the argument if it’s the best 59 ever. As we know Furyk in the last 5 times he’s held the 54-hole lead we would not go on to win. But it was certainly a round for the ages and a contender for round of the year.
East Lake Golf Club
Par: 70 Length: 7,154
Architect: Donald Ross (1913)
Purse: 8,000,000 (1st- 1.4 mil.)
2012 Brandt Snedeker (-10)
2011 Bill Haas (-8)
2010 Jim Furyk (-8)
2009 Phil Mickleson (-9)
2008 Camilo Villegas (-7)
FedEx Cup Top- 5:
- Tiger Woods-Was the last one seed to win the FedEx Cup and with eight T10s in 13 trips to East Lake he has to be the favourite.
- Henrik Stenson- Had six T3 or better finishes in 7 events before finally breaking through for the win in Boston, but if Woods finishes outside the top ten he will only need a T3 finish to win it all.
- Adam Scott- flying under the radar but he won just a few weeks ago in New York and win this week could give him the Fedex Cup and POY.
- Zach Johnson- Tiger and Furyk made the headlines but he won the event, if he wins back to back no can force him to the back pages this week.
- Matt Kuchar- As usually Kuchar is having a solid year without much fanfare, he won twice and with a third can win the Cup and make a case for himself as the POY.
Yahoo Fantasy Picks:
-» Starters A-list: Tiger Woods B-list: Steve Stricker B-list: Matt Kuchar C-list: Jason Day
Bench A-list: Rory McIlroy B-list: Hunter Mahan B-list: Zach Johnson C-list: Adam Scott
Canadian Content: Please remember when in Canada hockey fights happen anywhere
It's been a great year hopefully you won your pools, and if you didn't next you can follow me to trophies...